Dear Somerton Tennis Club Members
Following the latest government and LTA recommendations I am writing today to report that the tennis club will re-open from Wednesday morning.
Previous advice remains the same.
- The rule of six remains for social tennis. So if you book both courts you can have one singles game and one doubles game if you are going to interchange between courts.We do ask you to wipe down your equipment with alcohol wipes and use the free sanitiser on your hands before changing courts and of course maintain social distancing at all times.
- Club sessions will continue and you must still book in advance to take part. Please contact the organisers to book as follows; Ladies night Lina Thomas, Mens night Matt Brown, Wednesday evening mixed vacant (but myself temporarily) and Sunday morning mixed Ann Barnett. There will be a maximum of 12 attendees at each session. When sitting out please wait in the mini-court or outside to aid social distancing. We respectively request that no more than 2 people are to be present on the clubhouse veranda at any time. Please stay outside the court area if you are waiting to get on court. Bags can be left on the mini-court.
- The club will keep a record of all those visiting the club for 21 days
- Group coaching will still be allowed. Neil and Luke will be in contact with further details.
The committee is still not saying it is safe for you to play. It is up to you to make that decision based on your own health and safety assessment.
Please ensure you carry out a pre-attendance symptoms check before attending the club.
When using the courts it is still very important you adhere to the strict guidelines we are advising, as laid out below, and as recommended by the LTA.
- All courts to be booked with Wendy in advance (01458 270131, 07788451098, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Clean keypad, key, padlock and anything else contacted with wipes before and after use. The net will still be left permanently in the correct position and the winders will remain removed.
- Please take your used wipes and other waste home to dispose of.
- The clubhouse is out of bounds and not to be accessed; if floodlights are needed for club sessions then only the organiser is to gain access; for other floodlight use then only one person to turn the lights on and off and sanitise everything touched afterwards; only other exception is for first aid. All club furniture, such as benches and chairs, must continue not be used.
- Please bring your own water or other drink.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provider before, during and after games.
- Please respect the 2 metre distancing rule
- Ideally still use marked balls and only touch your own marked balls. This is especially important where 2 games of doubles are taking place simultaneously, as the increased numbers on court will make contact with others more likely. Balls will now be provided for club sessions but will not be used for a week between sessions. New club balls will be provided to organisers once every 4 weeks.
- Don’t forget to clean everything you touched with wipes on your way out
- No spectators are allowed at the club. So a maximum of 12 people in the club area at any one time.
The toilets on the recreation ground are now open. Please wash your hands thoroughly and sanitise after use!
Look forward to seeing you on court soon.
Best wishes, Jon (Chairman)