Dear Somerton Tennis Club Members
Following the new government recommendations I am writing this evening to report some good news regarding changes made by your committee yesterday evening.
From Saturday 4th July at 9am the following changes will take place.
- Both courts can still be used at once
- However 2 games of doubles as well as 2 games of singles or I game of doubles and 1 game of singles can take place at any one time.
- If 2 games of doubles are played at once, each game will represent its own microbubble and there must be no mixing of players between courts.
- Club sessions will resume but you must book in advance to take part. Please contact the organisers to book as follows; Ladies night Lina Thomas, Mens night Matt Brown, Wednesday evening mixed Alan Wharton and Sunday morning mixed Ann Barnett.
- However if you feel particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 it will still be possible to book both courts at once but only use one of them if you so wish.
- Group coaching of up to 5 players plus the coach will continue to be allowed. Neil and Luke may be in contact with further details.
The buffer period between bookings will remain at 10 minutes.
The committee is still not saying it is safe for you to play. It is up to you to make that decision based on your own health and safety assessment.
When using the courts it is still very important you adhere to the strict guidelines we are advising, as laid out below, and as recommended by the LTA.
- All courts to be booked with Wendy in advance (01458 270131, 07788451098, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Clean keypad, key, padlock and anything else contacted with wipes before and after use. The net will still be left permanently in the correct position and the winders will remain removed.
- Please take your used wipes and other waste home to dispose of.
- The clubhouse is out of bounds and not to be accessed; no floodlights are in use; only exception is for first aid. All club furniture, such as benches and chairs, must not be used.
- Please bring your own water or other drink.
- You must bring your own hand sanitiser and use it before, during and after your game. The club will be providing hand sanitiser in the near future.
- Please respect the 2 metre distancing rule and use marked balls. Please only touch your own marked balls. This is especially important where 2 games of doubles are taking place simultaneously, and at club sessions, as the increased numbers on court will make contact with others more likely.
- Don’t forget to clean everything you touched with wipes on your way out
- No spectators are allowed at the club. So a maximum of 8 people in the club area at any one time.
Unfortunately the toilets on the recreation ground remain closed, but we hope they will re-open on the 4th July.
Please be careful but I hope you will feel these relaxations of the guidelines will allow you to further enjoy your tennis!